LEAP Paramedic: Become a Facilitator!
Pallium Canada’s LEAP Paramedic is a blended learning (online & face-to-face) interactive course that offers competency-based palliative care education specific to the paramedic setting.
Here is a sample of an online module!
LEAP Paramedic covers:
- Taking Ownership
- Decision Making in Palliative Care
- Resources and Advance Care Planning
- Essential Conversations
- Pain Management
- Psychological Distress
- Nausea and Hydration
- Palliative Emergencies
- Last Days and Hours
We are looking for individuals to become facilitators!
If you are an experienced educator and a leader in your field with advance care paramedic certification & 2 years work experience then consider applying.
In order to become a certified LEAP Facilitator, applicants must meet the qualifications outlined in 2016 LEAP Facilitators Criteria and apply as below:
- Apply to become a facilitator submitting references from 2 colleagues (per the application form) and receive approval from Pallium to attend the Facilitator Training Workshop.
How to apply to become a Paramedic LEAP facilitator:
- Create a user name and password if you do not already have one
- Complete the facilitator application (view a PDF version of the application here)