Taking Ownership is an interactive module for health care professionals that takes about 40 minutes to complete. The goal is to encourage health care professionals from different disciplines to make primary-level palliative care a part of their daily work. This module is FREE OF CHARGE to all.
By the time you complete this module, you should be able to:
- Define “palliative care” and the “palliative care approach”.
- Identify patients who could benefit from a palliative care approach earlier in the illness,
- Activate a palliative care approach earlier in the illness trajectory.
- Expand your role in providing a palliative care approach in your setting
- “Palliative”: Overcoming the Stigma
- Illness Trajectories: Advanced Cancer
- Illness Trajectories: End-Stage Organ Failure
- Palliative Performance Scale (PPS)
- Gold Standards Framework
- and many others
Interactive activities include cases, true or false questions, drag and drop, videos, etc.
This module will take you 40 minutes to complete. In order to obtain a certificate of completion this module, you will need to complete ALL the sections of the module as well as the brief quiz at the end.
*Note that at this time the online module is not accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons. Pallium Canada is in the application process and updates will be sent once accreditations are approved.